22 Sep Creative Competition
Opportunity for Creatives
Win R25,000, R15,000, R10,000 … and More
We Want YOU!
Be an Active Citizen and Speak through Fashion.
Stand a chance of winning cash prizes to the value of R25,000, R15,000 or R10,000 … and other prizes!
Calling all CREATIVES to join with One South Africa Movement in the CREATIVE COMPETITION in which you envision ONE South Africa by creating a print, design or style that all South Africans can be proud of. From a pencil and paper sketch to a digital design or style, let your creation be the best form of activism this century.
It’s a CLOTHING REVOLUTION! Activism and advocacy through clothing … and you’re invited. Let’s use the opportunity to rebuild our local economy because local is lekker and the world must know it.
Prints, designs or styles should express your reaction to societal concerns like Human Trafficking, Gender-Based Violence (GBV), Xenophobia, Albinism Awareness, Marginalized People, Corruption and Animal Poaching … or ideas on Human Rights, Freedom, Justice and Unity.
Designs that show the beauty and variety of your talent can also be sent in.
Prints, designs or styles can be for the following:
- Sweater and hoodies
- Shorts and trouser/ pants
- and other wearable accessories
Stage 1 – Entering the competition
Entries to the competition are open from 24th September 2020 until 23h00 on 6th November 2020. Take time and articulate your idea of freedom to the world.
Stage 2 – Choosing the Top 25
From 7th November 2020 to 13th November 2020, the The top 25 entries will be chosen by a panel of celebrity judges and published on our website creative.osa.org.za
Stage 3 – Choosing the Top 10 entries and ONE South Africa
From 14th November 2020 to the 26th November 2020 the top 25 entries will be given an opportunity to work on their prints, designs or styles in line with One South Africa Movement’s vision for ONE South Africa.
Stage 4 – Voting
From the 28th November 2020 to 4st December 2020 at 23h00, South Africans will vote for the top 3 prints, designs or styles with the winners being announced at a Creative Show on the 5th December.
- Win one of 3 cash prizes to the value of R25 000, R15 000 and/or R10 000… and more
- A weekend away at The Devon Valley Hotel – rated by tripadvisor’s travellers as one of the top global hotels
- A study voucher at the award-winning and internationally recognized House of Louis Business Academy
- An opportunity to design for Duca Del Cosma (shoes, clothing and accessories) and/or Ramking Clothing
- An opportunity to create prints, designs and/or styles for One South Africa Movement’s Online shop and earn royalties from the sale of merchandise
Rules of the Creative Competition
Copyrighting of content
Under the DMCA or Digital Millennium Copyright Act, all content published online is protected under copyright law, regardless of it having the copyright symbol on the page. Any content, no matter the form it takes (whether digital, print, or media) is protected under copyright law.
- Rules of the competition and participation
- These rules are the official rules of the competition (“rules”)
- These rules (together with any official competition communication will govern and apply to the competition
- Please take a moment to review these rules
- By your participation, you agree that these rules will govern all aspects of your relationship with the competition and competition-related agents, and One South Africa Movement
- These rules can only be modified (or superseded) by One South Africa Movement (in its reasonable discretion) in a written revision to these rules posted on the Movement’s website or any other potential official competition communication methods reasonably calculated to reach a majority of potential participants
- The competition is conducted by One South Africa Movement NPC, Registered Non-Profit Organisation in South Africa Reg No: 2020/096088/08
- No person who is a director, employee, sponsor, agent or consultant of One South Africa Movement or who is a spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister, business partner, or associate to a director, employee or agent or consultant of One South Africa Movement is eligible to participate or enter this competition
- This competition is only open to legal residents of the Republic of South Africa
- To enter the competition participants need to log onto www.osa.co.za or https://creative.osa.org.za/, fill in the online entry form, write a short description of their entry/answer an easy question and enter
- The winners will be chosen via a certified method of selection involving a panel of judges
- No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, delayed or damaged in transmission
- Entries reflected on One South Africa Movements’ records will be treated as the only validation source and will be the only evidence of successful entries
- Closing Dates for Stage 1 of the Creative Competition: Entries must be received by One South Africa Movement no later than 11:00 pm on 24th October 2020
- Prizes are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for goods. In the event of One South Africa Movement not being able to contact the finalist(s), One South Africa Movement reserves the right to award the prize(s) again
- The prize (s) may be subject to additional terms and conditions that the prize winner must comply with
- Prize winner selection. The prize winners will be the entries selected by the judges. The prize winners will be notified by telephone/e-mail and the prize winners’ names will be published on the competition website, www.osa.co.za and https://www.facebook.com/OneSAMovement/ within 5 calendar days
- Prize winners may be requested to participate in publicity connected to this competition
- The prize winners grant permission for the use of their names and photographs in any advertising and promotional material for this competition
- Participants and winner(s) absolve One South Africa Movement, its affiliates, its advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers, nominated agents and dealers from liability from any and all claims howsoever arising, including from wilful misconduct or negligent acts or omissions on the part of any such person
- One South Africa reserves the right to alter or cancel the competition at its discretion, without recourse
- The participant(s) unconditionally and irrevocably indemnifies and holds harmless One South Africa Movement and its successors, employees, officers, suppliers, contractors, agents, consultants, directors and shareholders against all and any losses, claims, proceedings, actions, damages, (direct, consequential or otherwise), liability, demands, expenses, legal costs (on an attorney and own client basis), medical costs or other costs howsoever arising out of, based upon, or in connection with (directly or indirectly) the participants participation in the competition, to the maximum extent permitted by law
- If a participant contravenes these rules, the participant may, in One South Africa Movement’s discretion, be disqualified from the competition
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
- Income taxes relating to the prizes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the prize winners
- The laws of the Republic of South Africa govern this competition
- Participants in the competition understand and agree that in order to offer the competition; One South Africa Movement must collect and use personal information about participants
- This competition is conducted under the terms of applicable privacy statements. These terms and conditions are subject to change according to One South Africa Movement’s discretion