Welcome to One South Africa Movement. One South Africa Movement (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates https://www.osa.org.za
This document expresses how we intend to protect your privacy in your relationship and contact with us, and explains how we collect, safeguard and disclose your information.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information collected will be stored and used for bona fide administration purposes of OSA and in the service of our members, office-bearers as well as in the pursuit of our stated goals, and in the determination of our policies and agenda from time to time. (our “Service”) .
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
- PERSONAL DATA
This is information collected directly through the supply of information to us by you. We may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you.
This may include, but is not limited, to:
- Email address
- First and last name
- Contact number
- Address (Country, Province, Postal Code, City)
- Private information
- Your online activity and habits.
In addition to the purposes set out in this document, we may use your personal data to contact you with regards to newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications through the unsubscribe link attached to such communications from us.
- USAGE DATA
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access our Service by or through any device.
- LOCATION DATA
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so. We use this date to provide features of our Service and to improve and customize our Service. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time by way of your device settings.
We may place text files called “cookies” on your device when you visit our website. Cookies are files with data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts. These technologies track information and help us to improve and analyse our Service.
Your internet browser generally accepts cookies automatically, but you can change this setting to stop accepting them. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies that we use:
- Session Cookies – We use these to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies – We use these to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies – We use these for security purposes.
- Advertising Cookies – These are used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests.
- OTHER DATA
We may also collect other personal information, including sex, age, date of birth, place of birth, passport details, citizenship, marital status, information on family members, registration at place of residence and actual address, telephone numbers, educational qualifications, professional training certificates, employment agreements, non-disclosure agreements, information on bonuses and compensation, taxpayer identification number, office location and other data.
- HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Personal information will be collected, stored and used for bona fide administration purposes. We will use this personal information to fulfil our stated objective as an association and to assist us in determining policy and agenda.
One South Africa Movement uses this collected data for various purposes, such as:
- To provide and maintain our Service;
- To notify you about changes to our Service;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so;
- To provide member, office-bearer and public support;
- To gather and analyse valuable information in order to improve our Service, tailor our policies and procedures and refine our goals and objectives;
- To monitor the usage of our Service;
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues;
- To fulfil any other purpose for which you provide;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into with you, including for billing and collection;
- To provide you with notices, email instructions, newsletters, important information and updates on our Services;
- To provide you with news and general information about other events or services which we intend to hold or that you have enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide us with information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- DATA STORAGE
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period, except when this data is used to strengthen security, improve the functionality of our Service or when we are legally obligated to retain this date for longer periods of time.
- PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
OSA will take precautions to protect information that can be associated with you or another specific natural or juristic person that can be used to identify you.
We ask that you note the following:
- TRANSFER OF DATA
Your information may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ.
If you are located outside of South Africa and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to and from South Africa to be filed, analysed or processed, particularly for Cloud storage.
- DISCLOSURE OF DATA
We may disclose personal information that we collect or that you provide to us in the following circumstances:
- Required or authorised by law – Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid, legal requests by the public or public authorities.
- Business Transactions – If OSA joins a third-party entity or organisation or changes its names of legal person status, we may assign our rights to the personal information we process to a successor or separate entity.
- Other cases – We may also disclose your information to:
- our movement’s partners and affiliates;
- contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our stated purpose (such as analytics, CI/CD tools, behavioural remarketing services and payment processors);
- fulfil the purpose for which you provide it;
- for the purpose disclosed by us in this document or when you provide us with your personal information;
- with your consent;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of OSA, our members, office-bearers or others.
- SECURITY OF DATA
Although we take the security of personal information very seriously and always do our best to comply with applicable data protection laws, it is important to remember that no method of transmission over the internet is 100% secure. Whilst we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- LINKS TO OTHER SITES
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Our Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from Children under 18. If you become aware that a Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from Children without verification of parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to remove that information from our servers.
Our policy may change from time to time to ensure that we remain compliant with all laws relating to privacy and protection of information and we will update this policy and publish it on our website when this occurs.
We shall also communicate such changes by publication on our website or by other prominent notice prior to the change becoming effective.